Sunday, December 8, 2013

Interview: Goli Taraghi, Author Of 'The Pomegranate Lady And Her Sons'

During Taraghi's period of exile she traveled back to Iran many times, often to gather inspiration for her writing - short stories that have made her one of Iran's most successful and celebrated authors. Usually, I go to Iran to find a story to write about. Because Iran is so absurd, so contradictory, whenever I go I find something to write about and I have a character... to enter into a new story. In the story "The Gentleman Thief" ... after the revolution, a new category of thieves appeared.
Source: NPR


Swirl >>

Edouard Molinaro Dead Famed Director Dies At 85 - HUFFINGTON
Rappelling Elves Delight Patients in Indiana Hospital - ABC
When Design Is Used for Violence - THE ATLANTIC
Another Problem for Amazons Delivery Drones Angry Birds - THE ATLANTIC
Denmark discovers a new ancestry - BBC
Consumer sentiment jumps in Dec on improved economic outlook - REUTERS
Deadbeat dads get a second chance - CNN
Dementia in the UK Your stories showed the need for change is huge - TELEGRAPH

No comments:

Post a Comment