I've spoken about young players, and yes, that's really important that part, but from time to time we have spent big money and brought in the player who could make a difference. The courage to take the ball all the time, the courage to make sure that they are not going to be intimidated by their opponents, and the courage to express themselves at all times and I think that all the great players have got that. AF: When we assessed teams, we looked at who was their player who wanted the ball all the time, who is the one who wants to take the free-kicks all the time, who wants to dominate, and he's the one that you concentrate upon. "AF: Oh! Absolutely. It's a horrible part of the game when you have to tell a player, probably somebody who has helped you win so much that his time is up. You treat them like family, and because they are your family it becomes even more hurting in the sense that you have got to say"well son, I'm sorry, you won't be a regular here, but you will still have a career elsewhere.
Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2441244/Alex-Ferguson-Why-I-turned-Roman-Abramovich-Chelsea--I-wont-return-Manchester-United-boss.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
No comments:
Post a Comment